Monday 11 March 2013

Product Trial for Vanish :-(

Well guys, have been product testing another washing aid courtesy of the lovely peeps at BzzAgent, got some free Vanish Oxi Action powder to try out and have to say it has failed pretty abysmally in my tests.



I really wanted it to work as I have so many stained clothes from my rad mountain biking (well yes OK because I break my bike and fall off mostly but hey...).

Oh and also the packaging goes really nice with my purple hair 💜!

I tried adding it into the wash with detergent in the drawer a couple times like it instructs but found no difference to cleanliness and even worse found it left soapy residues on the wash and solidified residues in the powder drawer that I had to chisel out 😳.

I didn't give up though, I tried using it to ore treat some stains, mixtures of stains ranging from curry, mud, bike oil, sweat stains, blood and general muck. It didn't remove any of them whether old and worn in or fresh and treated immediately (although it did remove the latter slightly to its defence).



I even went out and bought a bottle of the liquid vanish to see if it was just the powder that I didn't get on with but testing it on the same stains I got very similarly poor results.

A couple of my friends whom I had talked to about the product went out and bought some using my vouchers and they also complained that no matter how they tried it didn't budge their stains at all.

So I am sad to say that I can't recommend this product and this is supported by a fair few of my friends that helped me try it out.

Has anyone else used this product with more success that can give me some tips?

Oh, and by the way, I switched back to my regular stain remover spray and it got all the stains out that vanish couldn't 👍....

Keep checking in on my blogs for more reviews folks xxxx


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Tried this on a recommendation but disappointed with the results. Couldnt even shift a tomato sauce stain after three washes. :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry, thanks for trying it after I spoke to you about it though, hope it doesn't stop you trying out new things in the future though and hope you managed to shift the stain in the end!

    ReplyDelete