Sunday 7 October 2012

Kielder Race

Lovely weather for the duatholon race up at Kielder for the marathon series weekend. Really easy surfaced trails but plenty of undulating bits and some cheeky climbs that worked me hard. Although my Uncle John ran a cracking pace I set off quite near the back of the bike bunch, loads of elite runners though so John did a brilliant leg considering he had them pushing him on hard (also considering it was 11k rather than the 10k he was expecting....)!

I really pushed myself on the bike, managed to overtake a fair few but also got smashed past by some super fit blokes on cyclocross bike, wow they can fly on the smooth trails! handed over for Aunty Sue (ran like a trooper given the short amount of time she had to train up after a while out of running- and got heckled over the line ;-) to do the last leg and had a horrible steep transition but made better by having Steve Cram there marshalling. Wow he is super hot!!! OMG!!! I was cheeky and got him to sign my race number, what a lovely man he is, oh and did I mention exceptionally good looking too? hahaha.

Our team cam in 11th overall in just over 3 hours 20 in total, bloody good show from the family team I say, ace fun and a great day out with top freebies and a medal!!!

Our results, pace, speed and split times can bee seen on this page :

http://www.racetimingsystems.com/public/result.aspx?raceid=2583&bib=1513



No comments:

Post a Comment